Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Quest for Knowledge


Megan is in the college hunt mode right now and has been pouring over catalogues and mailings from colleges all over the country and even some from Canada. As she sees the different courses and requirements from each college she is having a really hard time narrowing down her search. She still has a year left of high school, but, this is Meg. She is always, always, always prepared and informed about any big decision she makes. This is good. I am glad that she is searching out information.

If any of you know of a good private (preferrably Christian) Art College, please let us know. It's like finding a needle in a hay stack. She is actually leaning toward a school in Savannah, SCAD... they are pretty well known, but she thinks it's so far from home. She would like to be within driving distance to come home for short breaks..ie. Thanksgiving. She also is struggling with what she wants to do with specific majors. There are some interesting majors available from some of the colleges that she has looked at, including, "paper, book, & Print". I thought that would be a great major...she could make all my scrapping papers for me....lol. I don't think she wants to do that.

So...for the next few months we will be looking at schools and will be trying to help Meg narrow down her interests. I know that she will probably change her mind several times and will end up where she is supposed to be, but....

I have to ask myself, as she is going through this process, "Am I ready to let her go?" and the answer is, "NO". I don't want to let her go. I want her to stay home a bit longer... I also have to ask myself in helping Meg with her "Quest for Knowledge" am I helping her gain knowledge or is she helping me? Maybe there's a bit of both there.

Blessings!

Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the college search. I went to Southern Nazarene University myself and studied music. Great college, fun experience. :)

Adrienne said...

Hope she picks the best school.