The Glass Slipper Fit
This past weekend seems to have flown by me like a blur. It was probably the fastest three days that I have ever experienced, so fast, that it really seems like a short little dream. I didn't know that I could pack as many activities into one weekend.
I'll start sequencially with Friday afternoon. Bob took Anabelle and the boys all shopping when he got home from work and I packed a bunch of scrapping supplies in my totoe to crop all night down at my LSS (Scrapbook Creations). The regular scrappers wanted to get together before hand to have a bite to eat and a drink to celebrate my birthday, so we went to Mr. Ts and had a fun time. I ended up scrapping til 3:15 am and only finished one layout completely. The other two that I worked on still need help..lol
Saturday was devoted almost entirely to helpiung Megan get ready for prom. She is so organized and had her day planned out pretty efficiently. By the time 4:15 rolled around, Megan had transformed herself into a fairy princess...actually looked like a cross between Audrey Hepburn (style wise) and herself, beauty wise. I will have to post some photos of her in the gallery a little bit later. Brian brought her the most beautiful white roses which complemented her dress nicely. The theme of this year's prom was "Hollywood".
As most of you know, Watertown is pretty small, and has a very limitted number of resturants in which to have a decent meal. Mary Konvalin, Kathleen Deutsch, and I prepared a formal dinner for ten out at Fred and Kathleen's. Not only did they have a great meal, but they didn't have to spend a fortune on food that they wouldn't like. I played chauffer and drove the five couples to the prom in out big van... they loved it! I am happy that the group of kids that Meg hangs out with isn't wasteful and doesn't try to showoff their famiily's economic standing in our community. They are a humble bunch of kids. I was glad as a mother to know that Megan was actually pretty frugal in her dress choices, doing her own hair, and using some of my jewelry so she didn't have to spend any more than what was necessary.
I wrote a while ago, I believe my first entry, about seeing Megan grow up and the emotions I felt while she tried on prom dresses. This weekend represented the end of that little chapter in the "Book of Meg". I know that there will be a lot more to write about but this little part of her life represented one of those "big" moments. The moment she put on that glass slipper and was transformed into that princess in a world where all is good, fair, happy, and just; a world where, unlike Cinderella, the fun of the ball didn't have to end at mid-night.
Have a beautiful, fun, happy day and put on that glass slipper....it fits anyone who tries...
And They Blinked
Once upon a time there was a little baby girl who was loved more than any other baby in the world. She brought lots of love and happiness into her mommy and daddy's hearts. They held her, fed her, bathed her, dressed her, hugged and kissed her, and they loved her more than they ever thought possible.
Then the mommy and daddy blinked and their little baby was now a big girl with big girl toys and big girl friends. She was a big sister and she played with her brothers and sister and was a wonderful joy. She taught them a lot of things and they all loved her very much, then...
The mommy and daddy blinked and their little girl was almost as tall as the mommy; tall enough to look into her mommy's eyes and see a sadness and fear in them, but this little girl did not notice this because she was so busy with her friends and her own life...
And then the mommy and daddy blinked and the little girl was now a young lady with ambition, dreams, and plans of her own. She was old enough to drive and get a job and she was even busier than ever. She was so busy that she didn't see the tears in her daddy's eye when she went to her first dance...
And the mommy and daddy blinked once again and the little girl was a little taller and older. She grew and learned even more than before. The little girl became more and more independent and began looking at colleges and made plans for her future...
And the mommy and daddy blinked. One afternoon the mommy and little girl went shopping for a dress. As the little girl tried on a beautiful princess dress, she looked at her mommy and saw tears in her mommy's eyes and was embarrassed. What the little girl did not know was that the mommy did not see the young lady in a beautiful dress. What she saw was a little baby girl who was held, and fed, and bathed, and dressed, and hugged, and kissed, and was loved more than they ever thought possible, and the mommy was sad, and she wished she and the daddy hadn't blinked at all.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment