Thursday, September 13, 2007

Today was a bit breezy but still beautiful, none the less.
Big news on the home-front..... Rob sang the National Anthem at the High School Varsity Volleyball Tournament and did a great job. That was on Tuesday. Wednesday he auditioned for All State Choir and was told today that he made it. I am so stinking proud of him. He has a beautiful voice.

Meg is doing well and is growing, stretching, and learning lots of new things, even some wonderful things about herself and her heart. Love that.

Homeschooling is keeping me busy beyond belief. I haven't had much scrapping time, but did manage to squeeze in a few minutes here and there to create some fun things.
OK I know it's not Valentine's Day, but I have been in the mood for creating with hearts. I've also been playing with gold leafing. It's tons of fun and just adds a little something extra.Speaking of Hearts. I love the look of White on White and I love Vintage.. Vintage anything. So I dug through my old button jar and came up with this "Love" card. The top of the heart is not attached so a photo or love not could be slid into the center of the heart.
Another card... loving Vintage and old old things. Love Tim Holtz Designs and inks.
I have no idea why I made a "bon voyage" card. No one I know is going anywhere.. Maybe it's that I wish I was going somewhere...hmmmm
I put this layout together for a class that I taught on Creativity Unbound. It's an amazing blog that is devoted to nothing but encouraging, helping, inspiring artists to stretch their creative minds and push the edge. There's lots of stitching on this layout. I love the look of sewing and handwork on layouts. I am really happy with this style and will explore it a bit more in the future.

1 comment:

Theresa Tyree said...

Oh, wow, Mary! These are BEAUTIFUL works of art you've done here!! Fantastic!!