Wanting Chocolate
I admit it, I am an addict... I am addicted to chocolate. Not the regular milk chocolate that can be found in every store...nooooo... that would be too easy of an addiction to feed. I am addicted to super dark high octane chocolate. I search high and low through various stores and online sites to find that "perfect" level of cocoa listed. The higher the number...the better the chocolate. Have you noticed that the first ingredient on most candy bars is sugar, then corn starch, then fat, etc.. and cocoa is usually way down the list. I am in search of the piece of chocolate that has cocoa listed as the number one ingredient. Some chocolates contain 72% or higher..Endangered Species is a good brand.. A friend told me that she saw some chocolate that had 91% and I am in search of that one, although she says that she can't remember the brand. I think she's just teasing me.
The reason I am talking about wanting chocolate is because there are so many things in this world for which we can search high and low. So many of us are looking for that "perfect" blend. Why is this? Is it because there is something lacking in my life? Is it because, like a smoker, drinker, or drug addict, my body truly craves that addiction? It's funny how our bodies grow accustomed to certain things, only to develop insatiable appetites for things that are usually not so good for us. We are so intuned to those things that we are craving, yet we tend to ignore the things that our bodies, minds, and beings truly need. Why can't I develop an insatiable appetite for God's word? For Prayer? For Spiritial insight? Is it because I am afraid of what I may face? I think it is. I am truly afraid that I willl have to give up my chocolate addiction, my scrapbooking addiction, my blogging addiction...and so it goes on and on and on. So..I guess what I am getting at here is that I need to concentrate more on my mental/spiritual self instead of the physical desire for dark chocolate. I know this is such a random entry, but it is what is on my mind.
Blessings and Prayers for an incredible Day!
Mary
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!! I will stick to the regular ole milk chocolate! LOL
I truly agree as I am munching on a giant dark chocolate bar. What a cowinky dinky. Mummy Dearest
Post a Comment