Ok so my Chargers didn't win..that's ok. I can survive.... I was telling my best friend that they are always the bridesmaid but never the bride and at that moment I heard my mother's voice which got me to thinking of different sayings we all hear. After thinking of those I was talking to my father on the phone and he mentioned some innocuous saying which got me on a tangent on "Mary Sayings". I am really stepping out here to admit some of the things I have said over the years and it probably sheds a terrible light on my psyche so without belaboring any longer....here goes..
"If you don't have something nice to say, give me a call"
"He who smacks last wins"
"Don't be the early bird, stash what you want the night before"
"I never said I was nice"
"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
"Losers have excuses and I don't want to hear yours'"
"Why Thank You!" I said this after being told I sound just like my mother.
"Wow, I take that as a compliment" After being called a bitch.
"OMG, why did they let your parents breed" I've only thought this one, never vocalized it. Well not yet at any rate. I may someday. hmmmm
these are just a few I remembered in the past two minutes. I had a boyfriend in college, Victor, who used to say to my brothers.."Nice shirt, does it come in your size." Now that was mean. Every time he said it, they fell for it. Funny. Now my brothers are older and Victor is off living who knows or cares where... but whenever I see someone with a new shirt on that stupid saying comes to mind.
Please post any nice or not so nice sayings you have used over the years.
See ya around....well not if I see you first.
Mary
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment