God is pretty amazing. I love the colors that He has chosen to paint the canvas of the world. No matter how hard I look in stores and online for certain colors to replicate, there are simply a few that can never ever be copied. Take for instance the perfect color that peaches turn when you know they are at their sweetest and you can imagine the wonderful taste and texture when you take your first bite.
This past summer we bought fruit literally by the case because we don't get very good fruit here in South Dakota. We order it from Washington state and it is so very good. Last month, Anabelle was helping me in the kitchen and she was putting peaches and nectarines away.
We ran out of room in the refrigerator so we had to eat a bunch of them. I had some errands to run and I left Belle home with the boys and asked them to finish taking care of the fruit. Anabelle lined a few nectarines and peaches up on my kitchen window sill and when I came home the wonderfully sweet aroma of fresh peaches greeted me as I entered the back door. I followed my nose to the kitchen window about the sink area and leaned forward to experience that great smell a bit closer. It was then that I looked down the ledge from an angle that I knew I needed to capture that moment on film. I wanted to preserve that instant when the whole summer could be summed up with just a smell. For some it's the smell of the beach, or woods, or campfires, or even sulfur from fireworks that were shot off on July 4th, but for me, this summer was captured in the scent of "Summer Fruit"
I love the look of sepia photography.Have a wonderful day, Love you all,
Mary

3 comments:
I love the sepia photo of the Summer Fruit, it sums the essence of the season. Perfect cover for a dessert recipe book? Love you, Mummy Dearest.
Gorgeous, Mary!!! I love the complimentary blues used with the orange and brown tones of your Summer Fruit. You rock!!!
:)
That fruit looks good enough to eat. LOL I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I am looking forward to getting to know you. I am also thrilled to see a link to my blog here. Thanks!
Post a Comment