Another post in two days, can you believe that???
Ok.. well here's the scoop. Everyone who knows me knows that I am an avid scrapper. I am also very competitive and love a challenge. Well, here is something that happened to me that I cannot explain.....
Just when you think you've done all you can and have taken your hobby as far as you can at that moment.....something happens..lol
Ok.. here it is:
I was laying in bed at 12:34 just after midnight and I picked up a little memo book that I carry to jot down ideas, plans, quotes, etc., and I thought, wow, I started this little book of "Intentions" last year at this time. I turned to the first page to see what I wrote a year ago and it was a list that looked like this:
Goals and Intentions for 2006:
1. be nicer to the kids and Bob
2. Keep a better house
3. be more structured with schooling the kids
4. encourage creativity in the kids
5. support Bob's financial decisions
then there was another list:
Artistic goals for scrapping:
1. Organize scrap area
2. attend CKU
3. write more/start a Blog
4. get published
5. join management on a scrap site
6. win some scrapping contest
7. Get asked to join a Design Team
So... I thought, wow, 6 out of seven... that's not too bad... My scrap area is organized. I went to Boston, I have a Blog (need to keep up with it), I got published online and on the CKU Master DVD, I have my own scrapping site with 616 members, and I've won a few design/scrapping contests... so while I was praying I thanked God for a great year in my scrapping and I can't believe I actually told Him," well, you have about ten days to get me on a design team" and I went to bed.
This morning I got up and checked my emails and there was a letter from Cut The Crop, a retail scrapbooking store online, and I have been asked to join their design team..lol... how was that for answer to prayer? I had emailed the owner, Tove, inquiring about her Design Team. I thought, OK God, you have a sense of humor! and I laughed. I have been emailing the owner back and forth several times today and this is what we have agreed to.... (Maybe I should explain why being on a Design Team is a good thing). All of the big name scrappers are on Design Teams, they design papers, products and layouts to encourage and inspire scrappers around the world. If you are on a design team it gets your name out there and publications start picking up your work and you get good recognition and eventually great pay. Soooo, what I will be doing is this. ......
Every month Tove, the site owner, will be sending me new scrapbook products from manufacturers, I will use photos of my kids and scrap layouts, cards, tags, altered items and send them in to Tove, she will have them photographed and will use them for advertising products on her site. She will return my layouts to me and will include more product for my use. So........ I will be building a good resume for publication, thus giving me more exposure. I am really excited about this.... With the way my luck has been going this week, I decided to take the plunge and will be submitting for CK Hall of Fame again. I figure if I have already won a couple of contests with them, my name may be in someone's head there.... who knows, you can only try... right???
Well, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.
Megan submitted her application to Northwestern this evening..... please say a little prayer for her, too. Love ya!
Mary
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment